Apnea walking is a simple and affective exercise aimed at the improvement of ones breath holding ability. Apnea walking increases the tolerance level for high levels of CO2, Low levels of O2 and the tolerance for the build up of lactic acid in the muscles during anaerobic activity.
Attention! Always perform apnea walking practices with a buddy who is aware of what you are doing. Pushing your limits while practicing apnea walking may lead to LMC and even black out.
Performing the exercise
1) Sit comfortably with your back straight.
2) Place the palms of your hands on your knees.
3) Breath deep breaths (do not hyper ventilate) and prepare yourself for a breath hold.
4) Hold your breath for a period of 1 minute while sitting.
5) Stand up while still holding your breath.
6) Begin walking on a preset path.
7) Concentrate your thoughts on arriving at the end of the preset path.
8) Allow your body to rest and repeat the exercise, prolong/shorten the length of the path according to your ability.
Remember, you are not at your best at all times, the results may vary from time to time.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008